Monday, 11 March 2013

Music Magazine: Detailed DPS Research

The detailed research includes more specific aspects of my double page spread, such as the model's appearance and pose. I am planning on using a smoke effect for the double page spread, which will be used with the help of a smoke machine and lights. I am going to experiment with multiple poses and props, which will show the music element of the magazine. 

I want the overall look to appear mysterious and dark, as my chosen model with be also wearing dark clothing to ensure the smoke and lights can be easily seen. I am to include: 

  • Include a musical prop, most probably a microphone
  • Use a smoke machine to create a mysterious effect
  • Model to be in dark clothing. 




These images include the use of the smoke machine which I am trying to aim for. The model is wearing dark clothing, something I want to imitate to ensure the smoke and lights are clear. I will also use a black sheet, instead of white to ensure the smoke is used to the maximum. The model also has long dark hair, which mirrors the dark and mysterious feel which I want to portray. The dark hair and makeup of the model is rather striking and I think when used in a range of poses, will provide a strong image for the double page spread. These images are obviously taken outside, which is not something I want to recreate, instead shooting inside although these are a strong inspiration for my own shoot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment