Thursday, 22 November 2012

School Magazine: Contents Page Implementation



I designed my Contents page using the same software, InDesign, as I had previously used to create my Front cover.




I first inserted a border at the top of the page, this prevents the main image becoming too heavy, which would occur if the image was placed at the top of the page.


I then inserted the title, using the same font, Trajon Pro, size 60 as the front page to ensure the design element is consistent and professional. I also hung the black border slightly over the edge to ensure there was no white borders.


I then began to insert the logo by using the "place" function.


 I then selected the logo and moved it into position, by the title.


I then begain to create the actual contents page by inserting the page numbers and the page details on the left hand side. I used the same font and the sky blue that had previously been used on the front cover and in the logo. I aligned the features box with the logo for design purposes.


I then used the same blue for the number, although i used a sans serif font as this is considered good design. I used this colour to add some colour tot he contents page as the front cover is in black and white and coloud be considered boring if too dull.


I used two different fonts for the page title and then the details to add some interest to the contents page.


I continued on with this until all the page numbers and details were positioned on the contents page.




I then inserted the images from my second photoshoot and moved the layout around to fit both images in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment