Following my had drawn designs, I constructed my Double Page Spread using my selected design as a template. Before this, I wrote my magazine article which I will place into the double page. I manipulated my image before placing it in InDesign, evening the model's skin tone as well as increasing the levels and curves, adding some colour before changing the image to black and white.

I selected my edited image and placed it into the blank document. I positioned the image so it was spread over three quarters of the page yet cut the image so the model's face was still in frame yet part of her right arm was missing. This was to prevent the guttering of the page, where the two pages meet, from impacting the image too much as originally this image was completely symmetrical. This would have meant the guttering would have been placed right down the middle of the model's face, therefore loosing the model's expression due to the fold. I arranged the image so the facial expression was still strong and the prop, the musical element of the shoot was still visible whilst also conforming to my specific research. The guttering is still placed over the model's elbow, however, this less of a problem and my research also have used this, suggesting that this can be done in a publishing magazine.
I added a red border and page numbers along the bottom of the pages. I the created the title. I decided to use Imperial for the 'QUEEN' and continued to use Egyptian for the 'THE NEW ROCK AND ROLL' as I had previously used this font on both my front page and contents page. I changed the outline of the Q to red, the same red that had previously been used, to ensure my colour scheme was consistent. I upped the weight of the outline to 3pt to make the red outline really stand out from the white background. Although this was not used in my specific research, I felt that this would introduce the colour scheme and prevent the whole look becoming too bland due to the black and white.


I then placed the blurb of the article just under the title as my research had shown. I used imperial for this to distinguish the difference between the main article body. I then selected the starting letter of the first paragraph to implement the 'initial caps'. I changed the letter font to red and the letter size by using a feature on the top toolbar. I changed the size from 0 to 3 which increased the size. This was then repeated for each starting letter of each paragraph.






No comments:
Post a Comment