Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Music Magazine: Contents Page Specific Research

I have decided I am going to use the "BILLBOARD" magazine layout for the contents page. Due to this, I have chosen more focused images using the same layout for the contents page and I will use these specific images as my template for my own design. 

This is the original layout which I analysed and decided I would like to use to inspire my own design. I have also found other similar "BILLBOARD" contents page layouts which all follow the same design pattern.






All of these layouts have the contents page bar running down the left hand side of the page. To avoid the pages appearing too similar as I am only using this design for inspiration as I will not be using the multiple coloured numbers although I do like this feature but I am sticking to my rule of three colours to keep the page fluent and co-ordinated. All of these designs have kept the key images with one main image placed underneath. Although some of these pages also have additional images, I will still be sticking to the three images on the left hand side, one large one spread over the page and two smaller ones above and therefore will not be having three columns of writing as I will not be using three images. Instead I will only have two, to create symmetry as I am only using two images. I like the last image as there is a dark section of the page, where the main picture stretches out over three quarters of the page which obeys the rule of thirds. I am planning to use this in my own contents page. I am planning on using the red and white font, as I had previously done on my front page, on this section to add some colour which has been done in the last image with the yellow and white. I also like the idea of using a section underneath the main image, here they have titled the section 'Home Front'. I will instead use this section to add a 'Review' and 'In Every Issue' section as I have previously seen in my general research. This layout also has their magazine title/logo featured on the contents page and I will also be using this feature and placing it above the contents page bar. I am also planning on using a coloured line to seperate the contents page bar and the images as the BILLBOARD magazine has done as I believe this ensures the page looks clear and concise, especially with the large amount of text which can appear messy.

1 comment:

  1. These are very focused but do not support the use of the photographs you have come up with from your photoshoot

    ReplyDelete