Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Music Magazine: Front Page General Research

I have decided to use a male model for my front cover although I will use a different model, most likely female, for my double page spread. I have looked at a couple of front covers where male models feature. 


I like this image as the model is the main feature of the magazine and the grey tinge mirrors the grey off the model's blazer and the grey/blue of the sky. I am considering shooting my model in a concert scenario to try and incorporated the music element to the magazine. I like the layout of this magazine with the sub titles placed around the outside of the image and the barcode positioned at the bottom of the page. I do not, however, like the idea of having the model's name over the top of the image although in this instance it works. I like the white font and would consider using this colour font on the front page, providing it was visible. 


I like this magazine cover the best out of all three of the magazine covers as the image is something I am aiming for. I am trying to incorporate a musical instrument into the front cover and I believe this cover achieves this well. Furthermore, I like the idea of a darker background which the image is placed on, making the white font draw the reader in. I would try to use this in my magazine front cover. Another feature I would try to use in my own cover would be the dark thin banner along the top as I feel this gives the magazine an edge and adds to the overall finished product. I do not, however, like the idea of another image on top of the main image as I think it draws focus. This image deals with space extremely well and I hope to try and mirror this success.



This magazine front cover also uses a music instrument in the front cover which I like as the model appears to be 'in the moment' and also reflects the idea of a music magazine. This magazine also has a banner running along the top although I prefer the other one which is in black. I still am unsure about the use of multiple images on the front cover as I think this would be better suited to the contents page. I am also unsure about the main title being placed over the main image, although providing the image suits this layout, such as the one above, I would consider trying this out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment